As a busy mum I need easy, healthy and tasty snacks to go, for me and my family. I love munching on these little morsels of yumminess on the way to school pick up, in-between teaching classes or relaxing at home with a cuppa. Best of all the kids love my ‘chocolate balls’ as well.
For some reason my kids prefer them to be in balls, but if I am really pressed for time I just throw the mix into a silicone baking tray, place in the fridge to set, and then slice it up into popping into your mouth portion sizes.
- ¾ cup dried coconut
- ¾ cup Medjool dates (you can also use dried pitted dates, just add a splash of water)
- 2 tbsp of almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup puffed rice or quinoa puffs (you can also use rice bubbles or even oats)
- 1 tbsp 100% cacao or cocoa Method
- Place dried coconut and dates in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and process to a fine crumb consistency. Transfer mixture to a clean bowl.
- Use your hands to form tablespoon sized balls (or roll to your desired size). If needed add in an extra splash of water. Store in the fridge for 3 – 4 days or freeze.